Inspire & Learn, is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. This statement explains how we handle your personal information.
The use of the words ‘we’ and ‘us’ in this document refer to RTO.
The objective of privacy is to ensure that information collected for and by the RTO is within Australian Privacy Principles (2014) (APPs) and the Freedom of Information Act (1982) and protected and utilised only in the light of its primary purpose.
Your Personal Information
In order to provide you with training, employment and associated services, we may need to collect personal information such as your name, address, work history, qualifications, job seeker identification number, government benefit card, etc.
If you decline to provide your personal information, RTO may not be able to:
· Provide the product or service you requested, or
· Enter into a business relationship with you.
Collection of personal information
Personal information will only be collected in relation to the provision of training services and the operation of the Registered Training Organisation.
Where services are provided on behalf of a Commonwealth and/or State Government Department, we may collect personal information from such government departments and agencies. We may also need to collect relevant personal information from other third parties with or without your direct involvement or consent, such as an employer however this will not include sensitive information.
Use and disclosure
We will use our best efforts to ensure that the information you provide to us remains private and is used only for the purposes of operating the Registered Training Organisation.
It should be noted that data on students may be shared between the Australian Government and designated authorities and, if relevant, the Tuition Assurance Scheme and the ESOS Assurance Fund Manager for the purposes of:
· Promoting compliance with the ESOS Act and the National Code;
· Assisting with the regulation of providers;
· Promoting compliance with the conditions of a particular student visa or visas, or of student visas generally; or
· Facilitating the monitoring and control of immigration
We will only disclose personal information to a third party where one or more of the following apply:
· You have given consent (verbal or written)
· It is authorised or required by law, or necessary for enforcement of law
· It will protect the rights, property or personal safety of another person
· The assets and operations of the RTO business are transferred
Access to personal information
You can access the personal information we hold on you, except when government legislation requires or authorises the refusal of access.
To access your personal information, you will need to contact a Student Support Officer in writing and specify the type/s of information you wish to view. You will be required to provide proof of identification in person to view the information.
Document request form is to be filled by the student and an access would be provided to relevant documents after verifying the student ID. The form could be located in appendix.
Under the Data Provision Requirements 2012, Inspire & Learn Registered Training Organisation is required to collect personal information about you and to disclose that personal information to the National Centre for Vocational Education Research Ltd (NCVER).
Your personal information (including the personal information contained on this enrolment form), may be used or disclosed by Inspire & Learn for statistical, administrative, regulatory and research purposes. Inspire & Learn may disclose your personal information for these purposes to:
· Commonwealth and State or Territory government departments and authorised agencies; and
Personal information that has been disclosed to NCVER may be used or disclosed by NCVER for the following purposes:
· populating authenticated VET transcripts;
· facilitating statistics and research relating to education, including surveys and data linkage;
· pre-populating RTO student enrolment forms;
· understanding how the VET market operates, for policy, workforce planning and consumer information; and
· administering VET, including program administration, regulation, monitoring and evaluation.
You may receive a student survey which may be administered by a government department or NCVER employee, agent or third party contractor or other authorised agencies. Please note you may opt out of the survey at the time of being contacted.
NCVER will collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the National VET Data Policy and all NCVER policies and protocols (including those published on NCVER’s website at www.ncver.edu.au).
Inspire & Learn is also collecting the information in this form for assessing my entitlement to all education acts of Australia by law and to the Department of Education and Training (DET) for all types of purposes. DET will store the information securely in the Higher Education Information Management System. DET may disclose the information to the Australian Taxation Office. Inspire & Learn and DET will not otherwise disclose the information without my consent unless required or authorised by law.
For more information in relation to how student information may be used or disclosed, please contact INSPIRE & LEARN by contacting INSPIRE & LEARN CEO on firstname.lastname@example.org
Storage & Security
We will take reasonable steps to maintain the privacy and security of personal information. We ensure this by having such security measures as:
· Storing electronic information on a secure server with restricted access
· Storing paper-based documents securely on our premises
We will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information when it is no longer required for any purpose.
Resolving privacy concerns
If you wish to raise a concern about a privacy matter you should contact a Student Support Officer.